Tips For Installing CCTV in Your Home and Office.
Tips For Installing CCTV in Your Home and Office
Installing CCTV cameras in your office does not only improve the security of the office, but also gives you an easy time keeping an eye on your employees. Offices that have the systems in place will rarely have any employee issues because they keep up with their best behaviors and do what is expected when they know they are being watched. The systems will also give you control over entries and exits in your premises and keep criminal at bay. You however will only get the best with the system when you have the installation done in the right way.
- Decide how you want to be monitoring the system. Monitoring through the internet offers you the easy ability to record using digital video recorder or even a wireless computer. Your internet provider can offer a static IP address for this purpose.
- Determine the number of cameras needed for the office. This can be done by surveying the most important areas to have the cameras installed depending on what your business needs for the systems are. There are key areas in your premises that might require this kind of surveillance so make all considerations before choosing the cameras. This is something that can help you with choosing the best cameras too, since some are better in some areas than others.
- Select installation areas that are suitable enough. You want to ensure that the cameras are installed in areas where they cannot easily be tampered with. When they are within reach, they can be unplugged by individuals who wish to cover their acts. You can also choose models that are hard to identify to get footage without alerting the people.
- Attach the cameras on stable surfaces and ensure that they are pointed in the right coverage direction before turning them on. You can have professionals help you with the installation just to make sure that you get it right. Remember that the camera type and lenses you have settled for will determine the kind of coverage you get and the quality of the footages.
- Make sure that you label the cameras well for easy identification. This makes it easy to coordinate the footage, especially when it is being transmitted to a central system for real time evaluation.
- Decide whether to alert your employees and outsiders on the availability of the system in the premises. Sometimes it is good to let people know they are being recorded and other times it’s best to keep your surveillance secret. Some models are easy to disguise when used on ceilings or walls and if you wish to keep it secret it will not be that hard. Choose the direction you feel best serves your purpose for the CCTV system.
- Always test the system after installation, whether you are doing the installation on your own or with the help of experts. When properly installed, the system will give you results that match your expectations. Testing also gives you the chance to take care of present issues so you can enjoy smooth running of the system.
Whether you are using IP camera or the analogues option for the office, you must ensure that everything is done right so you can start enjoying effective office surveillance to enhance security in your business premises.
Installing CCTV, Choicecycle CCTV Pte Ltd.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 65-81985572 (whatsapp), 65-98534404
Address: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #02-08, #02-81, Singapore 188504 11~8pm daily.